Web Designer and Developer
Role: Web Designer and Developer
Salary: £21000-£22000 / Year
Start Date: 01/01/2024
Posted on: 15/11/2023
An exciting small Web & Mobile Apps Startup is seeking a multi-lingual (English, Hindi) permanent Web Designer to help them with design and development of Modern Mobile Friendly Websites and supporting Social Media Promotional Assets. You will work independently as a Web Designer and will take responsibility of defining detailed design requirements of Web Projects which are to be delivered with help from offshore development teams based in India who speak Hindi, hence knowledge of spoken Hindi is must. You will focus mainly on web design and client interaction part and any backend API and Database coding will be supported by offshore development teams.
Experience wise, you will have ideally worked before as web designer focused around WordPress, Woo-Commerce and Flutter based websites. You will also have experience in advising clients on good user journey for websites, and in documenting requirements around user Experience and User Interface feature improvements and customer journeys.
- Candidate should be able to set & follow self-schedule, provide daily reporting and able to achieve ambitious deadlines.
- Candidate should be open to travel to India as and when needed for requirements walkthrough sessions with developers and testers.
- First round of Interviews will be taken on SKYPE/Zoom
Role & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with internal and external clients in order to document the requirements for the website Prepare proof of concept (POC) designs as per requirements
- Present web designs POCs to internal and external clients
- Get feedback and consent after POC demo for full website design project kick start
- draw web design wireframes and graphics for internal/external feedback before incorporation on live websites
- develop word press websites, custom templates, plugins and their customisation as per client feedback
- design and publish graphic content, media, images for the company’s internal website’s social media presence and promotion
- make sure internal and client websites are secure and easy to navigate
- Test the website along with internal and external clients and get approval for go-live.
- Work closely with clients and clarify backend API Database coding requirements and scope to offshore developers.
Skills & Experience required:
- Degree in any field coupled with experience in web design and development
- Experience of web development projects supported by Indian Offshore Development teams is a must. Fluency with Hindi language is a Must.
- Must have good knowledge of responsive websites projects and web development frameworks like Flutter and WordPress, Woo-Commerce.
- Relevant experience to date with UK or international startups, SMEs, Web Design Agencies.
- Candidate must have experience working in Agile environments and on tools like Jira and Confluence
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs, Google Sheets as well
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
Summary of role requirements:
- Flexible hours available
- 1 year of relevant work experience required for this role
- Work visa can be provided for this role
- Expected start date for role: 01 January 2024